AeroScout solutions go beyond standalone Active RFID, RTLS and sensor solutions by unifying all enterprise visibility data on a single Wi-Fi-based platform to automate business processes and deliver context-aware applications. The AeroScout system was designed to work in practically any environment (both indoors and outdoors), and with the flexibility to meet numerous application needs.
AeroScout provides both hardware and software that use the Wi-Fi standard as the basis for encompassing a host of RTLS and sensor technologies. With AeroScout’s Wi-Fi-based Active RFID tags, customers can monitor any mobile asset over their wireless LAN; and with AeroScout MobileView, they can visualize a wide range of information about their assets, and apply a consistent set of business rules to this visibility data.
How does the AeroScout System work?
- AeroScout's Wi-Fi-based Active RFID tags and/or standard Wi-Fi client devices send a very short signal at a regular interval, adding status or sensor data if appropriate.
- The signal is received by standard wireless access points, without any infrastructure changes needed, and is sent to a location engine.
- The location engine uses Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI) and/or Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA) algorithms to determine location coordinates, and sends location and status data to AeroScout MobileView.
- MobileView provides a single platform for all visibility data, to display maps, enable searches, automate alerts, manage assets, work with third party applications, etc.
- Multiple visibility technologies to suit all needs: AeroScout is the only provider to offer all forms of visibility, from real-time location to presence detection, chokepoint visibility, room and sub-room location detection, sensors and telemetry. AeroScout solutions bring together RTLS, Active RFID, Passive RFID, Ultrasound, Low Frequency, GPS, wireless sensors and other technologies on a single Wi-Fi platform.
- Standard Wi-Fi infrastructure: The AeroScout solution utilizes standard wireless networks for its communications protocol, keeping the infrastructure cost low and enabling enterprises to gain more benefit from their existing WLAN.
- Visibility of any valuable asset: Tracks the location and status of small, battery-powered Wi-Fi Active RFID Tags that can be used to track people and a variety of assets and equipment. The AeroScout system can also track standard Wi-Fi devices and other types of tags.
- Enterprise-class application platform for real-time visibility: AeroScout MobileView is the industry’s leading real-time visibility software with a variety of applications for visualization, asset tracking, alerting and reporting, as well as an integration platform for delivering location-based services to third-party applications. MobileView turns location information from any source into everyday business value. MobileView is a robust and scalable platform with an enterprise database, event processing engine, integration engine and reporting engine all in one.
- Accurate, reliable real-time location and presence detection: Unlike proprietary Active RFID systems, AeroScout provides true real-time location systems based on both accurate Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA) and Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI) methods. This makes it suitable for indoor and outdoor environments, from corporate offices to harsh industrial areas.